Tuesday 24 August 2010

Day Two- The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me

For my second wall painting, I had complete freedom as to what I wanted to paint, providing, obviously, that it was child-friendly and fun!

One of my favourite stories as a child was The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me by Roald Dahl, illustrated by one of my absolute favourites, Quentin Blake (I think he's a genius!!!) and so I decided that this would be the main idea for the wall :)

As I had to negociate around the toilet door and sinks, I felt I should use this to my advantage and use them as part of the piece. In the story, the characters all live in a specially modified house with a massive door for the giraffe to get through and together, they work as a window cleaning company. I decided that I would base it on one of the Blake illustrations of the characters sitting in the windows.

It's not quite finished yet but I should be able to put the drawing lines on and finish the faces next time I go in :) I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment